General – All Participants (Advisors, Club Officials, Players, Referees and Team Managers).
1. A Participant shall not make any public criticism of any other Participant, but he
will have recourse to the complaints procedure of the Union and which procedure should be adhered to.
2. A Participant shall conduct himself at all times in an ethical and professional manner and shall observe the highest standards of integrity and fair dealing.
3. A Participant shall take all possible steps to promote the reputation of the game of Rugby Union Football and to prevent it being brought into disrepute.
Team Manager / Club Official
1. A Team Manager / Club Official shall comply with the Laws of the Game, the Regulations of the WRU, the Rules of any competition in which his Club participates and his Club Rules. A Team Manager shall not encourage or incite any person (including other employees of his Club) to act in breach of the same but shall take all possible steps to ensure that they comply with them.
2. A Team Manager / Club Official shall use best endeavours to ensure that there is in force at his Club a fair and effective disciplinary policy applicable to Players and other employees under his control and that it is applied consistently.
3. A Team Manager / Club Official shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that players and/or other employees under his control accept and observe the authority and decisions of match officials.
1. Referees will endeavour to apply the Laws of the Game fairly and to an agreed interpretation as specified by the WRU and to provide the style of play as determined by the WRU.
2. Referees are expected to attend disciplinary hearings involving them personally whenever possible. The reason for non-attendance must be given to the WRU’s Community Operations Manager in advance of the hearing.
SANCTIONS FOR A BREACH OF THIS CODE WILL BE APPLIED BY THE WRU’S UNDER 19 DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE WRU’S UNDER 19 DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURES FOR 2010/2011.